Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tribute to My Mom: Happy Birthday a day late!




I meant to blog about my Mom yesterday because it was her birthday, but better late than never right? Here are 10 things that I love about my mom!
  1. She raised 7 kids! I still do not know how she did it all the time, but I love her for it. She loves all of us kids so much and has always wanted to best for us, and I think for the most part we turned out pretty good.
  2. She inspires me to do hard things. She made a goal to run a marathon by the time she was 40 and shortly after broke her leg in two places. Even with that setback she was able to complete her goal of running a marathon! You are amazing!
  3. She loves to be outside. I have always loved the outdoors and I think I got this love from my mom. She appreciates the beauty of nature and has always loved going on hikes and just enjoying nature.
  4. She supports us kids in all that we do. I have always felt the support of my mom (and dad) in getting my education and all the other good things I have wanted to do.
  5. She always has a listening ear. I call my mom at least once a week and we are always able to have the best conversations. She really listens to me and gives me the support and advice that I need.
  6. She is a hard worker. All growing up I would see my mom working hard. Whether it was doing laundry, working in the garden or just driving all us kids around she was always working hard for us.
  7. She is involved in her community. This is one thing I really love about my mom. She gets involved in things that are happening around her, and makes sure she helps out.
  8. She is caring and thoughtful. I remember growing up I would often find little notes from my mom telling my how much she cared about me. I love how caring she is.
  9. My mom loves to serve others. My mom really looks around and sees if anyone needs service. She is quick to serve and help and I love that about her.
  10. She loves being a Grandma! I don't think I will really understand until I am Grandma, the love that a grandparent feels for a grandchild, but I know my mom loves Liam so much. She has helped my so much these first 8 months of Liam's life. I love that we were able to visit for Christmas and over the summer and I know that my mom cherishes the time that she can spend with Liam.

Well those are 10 things I love about my Mom, and the list could go on and on. Mom, I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday! I love you!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

aww sweet post...im sure shell love it!