Thursday, February 25, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
My baby is 9 months old! I don't know why but that seems pretty old to me, in terms of baby ages anyway. Liam is just a wonderful baby and I think he is getting cuter and cuter everyday. Here are some of his new accomplishments:
- He is starting to move around furniture. He stands up on it and then will take little baby steps around it. Sometime he tries to get from the coffee table to the couch, and depending on the gap between he will sometimes make it.
- He is sleeping for 12 hours a night (From 7 pm-7am) and sometimes we have to wake him up in the morning. It is glorious!
- He takes a morning and afternoon nap.
- He loves to dance! (There is a video at the end of him dancing) Whenever he hears a beat he starts to shake his head. It is so cute.
- He has 5 teeth (just got another top one) with more one the way (I think).
- He has started to eat mostly solid foods and his favorite food right now is bananas.
- He has a new really cheesy smile that he sometimes gives us. It is so cute and so very cheesy.
- He says ma-ma and da-da and I think he know who we are. I have noticed he says da-da more when he is around Roland and ma-ma more when he is around me.
Friday, February 12, 2010
The question that I asked myself when I woke up this morning was "Am I really living in Dallas?" There is over a foot of snow on the ground. We actually set a record yesterday of the most snow that has ever fallen in Dallas in a day. Liam and I had some fun yesterday when it was falling and got outside and played a little bit. Well all he really did was sit there and look cute, but still, it was fun. Well I guess we will enjoy a snowy Dallas for a few days!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- She raised 7 kids! I still do not know how she did it all the time, but I love her for it. She loves all of us kids so much and has always wanted to best for us, and I think for the most part we turned out pretty good.
- She inspires me to do hard things. She made a goal to run a marathon by the time she was 40 and shortly after broke her leg in two places. Even with that setback she was able to complete her goal of running a marathon! You are amazing!
- She loves to be outside. I have always loved the outdoors and I think I got this love from my mom. She appreciates the beauty of nature and has always loved going on hikes and just enjoying nature.
- She supports us kids in all that we do. I have always felt the support of my mom (and dad) in getting my education and all the other good things I have wanted to do.
- She always has a listening ear. I call my mom at least once a week and we are always able to have the best conversations. She really listens to me and gives me the support and advice that I need.
- She is a hard worker. All growing up I would see my mom working hard. Whether it was doing laundry, working in the garden or just driving all us kids around she was always working hard for us.
- She is involved in her community. This is one thing I really love about my mom. She gets involved in things that are happening around her, and makes sure she helps out.
- She is caring and thoughtful. I remember growing up I would often find little notes from my mom telling my how much she cared about me. I love how caring she is.
- My mom loves to serve others. My mom really looks around and sees if anyone needs service. She is quick to serve and help and I love that about her.
- She loves being a Grandma! I don't think I will really understand until I am Grandma, the love that a grandparent feels for a grandchild, but I know my mom loves Liam so much. She has helped my so much these first 8 months of Liam's life. I love that we were able to visit for Christmas and over the summer and I know that my mom cherishes the time that she can spend with Liam.
Well those are 10 things I love about my Mom, and the list could go on and on. Mom, I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday! I love you!