Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Craftiness

The form that my nesting is currently taking is crafting. During the really cold weather I looked at this blog and was inspired to take on two projects. For the first I had to make a lot of fabric roses and the second I had to make a lot of felt roses. It was really tedious but I love the finished products.
For this one I made fabric roses and it looks really nice on our front door. It would be there now, but we got a new door and are waiting for it to be painted. The fabric roses are kind of a pain to make, but then you just glue them to the wreath which is easy.

Close up on the fabric roses
For the felt rose wreath it took a lot of cutting, rolling, hot gluing and time. It was a good project to do when you are watching TV. Making this is how I filled a lot of my nights up. It currently hangs next to the mirror in our living room. I love how this one turned out.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Way to go, Ange! These look great! I've been wanting to do a wreath of some sort. I'm in the process of teaching myself to sew. I got a used sewing machine for Christmas and have made a Christmas stocking and curtains thus far...sticking to the easy stuff. Good job, crafty mama!

Anna W said...

I like the blue one best! Isn't crafting great?!

Kirstin said...

I think it is high time for you to put some more pictures up of you and Liam and Roland. I mean we are hitting the home stretch of pregnancy, keep a sister updated ;)