Sunday, February 6, 2011

It has been a weird week

For those of you that do not follow the weather around the country, Dallas got hit with a wintry blast last week. It all started on Monday night/Tuesday morning when Roland and I were startled awake by the sound of sleet. In my half awake-half asleep mind I thought that school may have been cancelled for Roland, but I was not getting my hopes up. When Roland usually gets up for school he checked his phone and huzzah! school was indeed cancelled.
Being a New England girl I was pretty skeptical. So Roland Liam and I went outside to see what all the fuss was about. After about 2 minutes of freezing cold wind and almost slipping on the ice about 50 times, I was sure the people in charge had made the right call. Everything was ice! Even in New England they would cancel events for ice. So we stayed inside the rest of the day and did the normal snow day stuff.
Since the temperature did not get above freezing we were all wondering about Wednesday. Nothing really had changed. And sure enough Tuesday night we found out that Roland did not have school on Wednesday.
Wednesday was good, but I was starting to go a little stir crazy. And I was planning to go grocery shopping on Tuesday, which did not happen and we were down to the food that you can eat, but don't really want to eat.
So I actually was happy when Roland had school on Thursday. I went grocery shopping, had a valentines day card making party with the girls and got back into a normal routine.
But then Thursday night...Baylor cancelled school for Friday. They had to tell everyone in the email that it was not a joke. And it was again legit. When we woke up on Friday morning there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, on top of the ice. So we spent another day at home.
Saturday actually got above freezing and the sun came out and we got out of the house. We went for a walk and I took at trip to the craft store. Basically it was glorious! So that is the story of the week. Wonderful to have Roland home, stir crazy, ice laden week.
One of the snow days we build a fort. It kept Liam occupied for about 10 minutes.



And it is destroyed!
One Friday we ventured out into the snow. Liam had a blast!



Yum!



Oh I had to include this picture. We watched James on Saturday night and all the boys climbed into this chair. I thought it was so cute. I really think Roland is ready for another snuggly baby.
One of the crafts I started. I made this fabric roses from scraps of old projects. They are eventually going to go on a wreath. Fun, but time consuming.

No comments: