Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Liam Update: 20 Months- Word Explosion

So I feel like I have not updated on my wonderful son Liam in a while. He is now 20 months! Seriously where does the time go? Liam is becoming quite the independent boy and likes to do most things on his own. He still sucks his thumb(as you can see above) and is very attached to his blankie. Over Christmas break he had a word explosion. I feel like he now learns 2-3 words a day. Here are some of the words he knows and uses:

Hello, Hi, Bye-bye, Mommy, Daddy, Cookie, Cracker, Cheese, Please (He also signs this one and it is super cute), Ball, Nose, Mouth, Eyes, Teeth (This one I give most of the credit to Roland. He is always thinking about teeth), Dog, Doggie, AJ (one of his best friends), Light, Go (He says this frequently in the car when he thinks we are not going fast enough), Car, Bird, Buddy, Baby, Mine, Me, You, Turtle, More (He mostly just signs this one), Green, Blankie and we are working on Thank You.

It is amazing! I love Liam and I think he is going to be a great big brother. Now that I am showing he is starting to understand that there is a baby inside me. He will stay baby and stroke my belly. The other day Roland found him pointing at his own stomach and saying baby. Although that will never happen for Liam it is pretty darn cute.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

What a cute picture. He looks more like Roland everyday! How are you feeling? I must say, my belly has started to really show as well :)

Lisa Wolf Smith said...

That's so exciting- what a cutie! And congrats on expecting again!