Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I have been thinking about lately....

I have a lot on my mind today. I am not usually the type to rant on in my blog, but here it goes. First off, I have decided to do a half marathon in January. The Texas Half to be specific. I am super excited about it, and I have begun my training. The one problem that I have is that it has begun to get "cold." Now this is Dallas cold, so it is usually about 50 degrees when I go out for a run in the morning. So now that it is cold I have begun to bundle Liam up, and it is not the easiest thing in the world. Whenever I try to put a blanket on him he grabs it, puts it in his mouth and it never stays where it is supposed to. I try to cover his feet and hands with socks to keep them warm, but like the blanket they come off in a matter of seconds. I guess I am just really worried about when it gets cold cold, and I really need him to stay warm. I do have some winter stuff, but since Liam was born in May I have to get some more. Here is one of my attempts to keep him warm. I know I am being a little paranoid, but does anyone have advice about how to keep a baby warm in the stroller during the winter months?

The next thing that is on my mind is that Liam is getting really big really fast. I am not complaining, it is just crazy. Last night he slept through the night. ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE NIGHT! It was from about 10 pm to 7 am. I am amazed. I don't know if it will keep up, but here's hoping. Also Liam is way more active now. He is now crawling. Well, kind of. He gets up on all fours, then kind of falls forward. Here is a video of it.

In addition to crawling, he just loves to move around and bounce. When I am holding him, he is never still anymore. It makes my life way more interesting and I am excited to see what he does next.

I guess the last thing one my mind, is that I never thought it would rain so much in Dallas. People have told me it usually doesn't rain as much as it has been, but seriously. In the last three weeks, I think we have had maybe 3 days that have been sunny. I guess it just makes me a little bit depressed. I am sure that the weather will get better soon.

One last thing. I don't usually blog about my feelings, but I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have a wonderful husband that works so hard at school so that someday when he becomes a dentist he will be able to provide for his family. I have a beautiful baby boy that gives Roland and I so much happiness. It really is amazing that I can't imagine my life without out my son, Liam. He is so great. And lastly I am so grateful for the rest of our wonderful family. I feel so much support from my family in New Hampshire and Roland's family in Utah. We miss all of you so much! It is sometimes really hard to be so far from family, but I know that Dallas is where our family is supposed to be right now. So those are the things that have been on my mind. To end this long post here are some pictures of the cutest baby in the world:



I love you Liam!

10 comments:

Allie said...

I just love your little man! Hang in there with the rain Ange! Perhaps get Liam "waterized" and go outside to jump in puddles...I dunno :o) He may need some help from mommy though. Lucy is on the move now too. Make sure to baby proof your place as best as you can (light socket covers, baby gates, etc.). I need to do that this week...pronto. Running in winter months....tricky tricky. Michelle was wonder about that too. I'm trying to figure it out as well. Layering, lots of blankets, blankets under bum and around head for extra insulation...that's about all I can come up with thus far. I jimmy rigged our stroller some to make our visor come down more to keep out cold air/wind. You can always put on 2-3 pairs of socks and shoes that are too big (if he has some)so that they will fit with the socks. I think just trying to keep the hands, head, and feet as warm as possible are key. If you hear any more ideas, pass 'em along. I could use the advice as well. Way to go with the 1/2! I'm way impressed. I've been contemplating a Halloween 1/2 in Provo from Aspen ski resort to the Riverwoods. C told me about it. It's all down hill. AND....I can dress up! Wow, long comment. Sorry. Looks like we should call each other soon. Too much to talk about ;o) Love you!

erik and annie said...

that's the longest comment I've ever seen. Hey those are some sweet pics of Liam. He's getting huge! THat's pretty cool that he can get up like that, I bet he starts crawling real soon. Parks refuses to get up in crawling position, but if we hold his hands he can walk pretty good and likes going up and down the stairs. Well, we miss you guys, keep us updated.

erik and annie said...

Oh, and to keep the little dude warm, since it getting closer to Halloween, wal-mart has costumes that would zip him completely. Like a tiger or a duck

Lisa said...

For keeping him warm, you should get a "bundle me" thing that goes around his carseat. They have some that have a hole just for the head--way cute.

Stephanie C. said...

Liam is so cute! My husband and I are flying into Dallas for Thanksgiving. His family lives about 3 hours east of there. I would love to see rain right now. I am jealous! It hardly ever rains in Arizona. If it does, it's only for an hour or two, but never an entire day. Take care!

Love,

Stephanie

Melissa said...

Hey!! Liam is getting so big and so handsome :)

Parkinson Family said...

ok, he is the cutest thing!! arent babies so fun!!
and on the keeping warm...have you heard of bundle me...they go on the car seat and they keep the kids super warm, i put that on all winter...well, its on right now actually...just google bundle me...i think they're like 30 bucks, but totally worth it!! hope that helps!! cya!

The Wheeler's said...

Awww these pics are so flipping cute! Hey what days are you guys planning on going to Miami? We wanna see you guys there!

Katie said...

What a cutie! Thanks for letting us catch up with you guys on your blog! :)

erik and annie said...

PO Box 910946
St. George, UT 84791

what is yours?