Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo: A true Texas experience

Over the long weekend we headed out to Forth Worth for the Stock Show. I am so glad that we did this before we leave Texas because I feel like it was a true Texas experience from start to finish. In the parking lot there was nothing but trucks. We were seriously the only car in our row. Walking into the stock show everyone was wearing cowboy boots, hats and tucked in flannel shirts. I kind of felt out of place. I really felt the Texas welcoming spirit too. We had our huge stroller and everyone went out of their way to hold the door open for us. Not that people are not nice in Dallas, it just seemed like people were extra nice at the stock show.
 We got to see some cool animals too. Liam is not big into petting zoos, but we went in one anyway. Landon is more friendly to animals so he had fun. Liam did love the roller coaster though. Roland rode with him and every time he passed me I would hear a shout of pure glee. 
There was so much stuff there. I got to have a relaxing ten minutes in the massage chair and Liam got to test his baseball speeds. We did not stay for the rodeo, but we went to the arena and it made me really want to see one. That will have to be the next family outing! All and all a wonderful family day trip to Forth Worth! 





















 All the trucks. I wasn't kidding! 
You know it was a good trip when the kids fall asleep in the car. Doesn't he look so peaceful? 

No comments: