Monday, August 22, 2011

Surprise!

At the beginning of August I made a surprise visit to New Hampshire to see my family. It was pretty much amazing. No one knew I was coming except for my twin brother Poul and it was so fun to see everyone. I have to say my mom and Gretchen had the best reactions. My mom was up at Girls Camp and Poul, Kirstin, Jimmy and I went up to surprise her. Jimmy's mom was at Girls Camp as well which was great because she was able to arrange everything. So we met Karen ( Jimmy's mom) at the entrance and walked to the fire pit where my mom was. Before my mom saw us Karen took Landon and handed him to my mom. My mom thought it was Lucy until she saw me and Jimmy holding Lucy. Then she exclaimed " Oh, this is Landon!" And because it was loud Landon started screaming and we were all crying. It was a great moment.
We surprised Gretchen at the airport a few days later. Poul and I made the trip to the airport and when Gretchen landed he kept saying "we are coming" instead of " I am coming." Gretchen wonder who we was and Poul said it was Peder. So when we got to the airport Poul went to the gate to meet her (and told her that Peder was in the bathroom). I waited near baggage claim. When they came down the steps it was awesome because Gretchen was distracted by her phone so I ran up and surprised her. She could not believe that I was there. She took my face in her hands and was said," How are you here?" Another wonderful moment.
This will definitely be a trip I will remember for a long time. And although it was short I was able to see my wonderful family and friends and just enjoy being in New Hampshire.

Mom with grandson (first time she met him)





Peder and Christy.
Some of the Great Grandparents





Cousins-Lucy and Landon are four days apart.

No comments: