Saturday, March 26, 2011

I hope this is not a fluke....

Potty training has begun in the Miguel household! And I really hope it is not a fluke, but Liam has peed in his potty three nights in a row! It is always around bath time. The first night it was before his bath and the last two nights it was after his bath, which means he held it in, even in the warm water. So basically I am a very proud mommy right now. We are planning to do full on training over General Conference weekend, but this is definitely a start.
I am a still a little nervous about the whole thing because Liam is pretty young (22 months) but he was the one asking for it. It must have been about a week ago when he started saying poo-poo and pointing to his bum before he had to go. I think it all started when he saw his friend Aiden who is 3 used the potty. Since he was asking, we brought a potty this week, which took him a few days to get used to and then like I said on Thursday he actually peed in it. I am a little worried about him regressing once the baby comes, but it will be nice for him to have a foundation set up.
So anyway this is not something I was expecting to do (I was planning on waiting until he was at least 2), but it is time. Wish us luck! I am very very proud of Liam. He is becoming such an independent, big boy!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Yea, pee pee in the potty! We are so happy for all of you. What a big boy. That is VERY impressive!

Michelle said...

That is A-mazing! We didn't get it down until Addison was three and it was terrible. So way to go Liam for being awesome and a big boy. And the picture is precious! What a cute little guy!