Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Roland Won a Photo Contest

We found out last week that Roland won 1st prize in the River/Ponds category of the Trinity River Photo Contest. Today I got to pick up his certificate at the Dallas City Council Meeting(Roland had a test). It was all very formal. I had to go through a metal detector and they searched my bag. I was so glad that had someone watch Liam (thanks Lauren) because it was a very kid free zone. Everyone at the meeting looked really important and you could definitely tell who was there for the photo contest. When they called the Amateur division (There were three divisions:Professional, Amateur and Youth) up I got to shake hands with the Mayor of Dallas and he was the one who read all the names. It was fun and out of the ordinary to be able to go the meeting and I am so happy for Roland for winning.(There were about 850 photos entered). He is so talented at many things. Here is the winning photo. It was taken at sunrise and features three herons.

5 comments:

Nate said...

That's awesome. Congrats, Roland! (And I almost asked, Where's the third one, but I finally found it.)

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob said...

good job bro. thats sweet

Allie said...

Wow! Way to go! Beautiful picture you guys.

Anna W said...

Way to go Rollie!