Tuesday, February 26, 2013

6 weeks to a more well-rounded you!

This year I participate in a challenge to become more well rounded. Each day I could earn points for:

  • Drinking 50 ounces of water
  • Exercising 30 minutes a day
  • Eating 4 fruits/veggies
  • Drinking no soda
  • Personal Point-for me this was reading my scriptures
  • No eating after 8 pm
  • No sweets
  • Sleeping for 7 hours a day
I was happy with how everything went. We started the second week in January and I feel like I was eating way to many sweets over the holidays so it was nice to cut it out for a while. I felt like those cravings went away pretty easily for me too. The hardest week for no sweets I think was Valentines week. It was also the last week of the challenge so that made it hard too. 
I came to love the no eating after 8 pm, but the first week I was starving before I went to bed. It made me really appreciate breakfast. This is something I really want to stick with because after the 6 weeks I am really not hungry at that time now and nothing good goes in me after eight. 
Reading my scriptures was really wonderful and I am glad it was part of the challenge. It helped me find out what part of the day I like to read my scriptures and that helps me to make it a habit. If you are wondering for me the time that works for me is right before bed. I feel like my head is clear and it is a really nice way to help my finish me day. 
I am so glad I participated in this even though it was really hard at times. It is always fun and good to challenge yourself. It also helped that I had a group of friends also participating. It was great motivation and I got lots of encouragement. I challenge all of you to do something you have never done today! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a really good way to make yourself a little healthier! Lately my goals have just been getting enough sleep and using my SunLight every day to help with the seasonal depression. Those two goals are about all I can handle right now, but after spring gets here I'll set some more goals!

Unknown said...

I look at that list and think...how easy, but I fail on so many of those EVERY DAY! I'm starting it now (or maybe tomorrow...the sleep thing won't work tonight)! Thanks for the motivation.